Alteration and Improvements

You can make improvements or alterations to your home, however, you must first get out written permission to do so.

Examples of alterations may include; 

  • Altering, improving or enlarging the house, fittings or fixtures,
  • Adding new fixtures or fittings (for example, kitchen and bathroom installations, central heating, laminate flooring, satellite dish),
  • Putting up a garage, shed or other structure,
  • Decorating the outside of the house.

To make an alteration request, please complete and return our Application for Alterations Form to the office.

Compensation for Improvements

You have the right to compensation at the end of your tenancy for certain types of improvements that you have made to your home with the permission of the Association. A summary of your rights to compensation is available on our Rights To Compensation for Improvements Leaflet. Full details of the Right To Compensation Regulations can be found on the Scottish Government website.